The Opal has recently undergone a multi-million renovation including a brand new premium-appointed bar, bistro, lounge, function room, restaurant and kitchen. We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic bartender and barista to join our fantastic team. You will be responsible for providing an excellent guest experience, able to create classic and innovative beverages that exceed customers’ needs and expectations.
• Prepare and serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, alcohol and non-alcohol beverages for bistro, lounge and restaurant patrons
• Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
• Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
• Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
• Plan and present bar menu
• Check customers’ identification and confirm they meet legal drinking age
• Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
• Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
• Comply with all food and beverage regulations
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
• Resume and proven working experience as a bartender
• Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
• Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
• Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
• Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate
• Experience as Waiter/Waitress or Barista training (desirable)
In return we offer the following
• Award pay, staff and family discounts, free WiFi, free gym and subsidised accommodation
• Good working conditions, employment flexibility and a great team environment
• Only candidates with working rights in Australia will be considered for the role
• This job qualifies under the Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462) allowing people 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) who currently hold, or who have held, a Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462) , have a second or third working holiday in Australia. See following for details: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/work-holiday-462/second-work-holiday-462
Postcode: 4804 (Collinsville, Queensland)
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Opal Ridge Motel
Member since: November 2019
Opal Ridge Motel is located in the historic mining town of Collinsville. Collinsville is located 84km west of Bowen (approx. 1 hours’ drive) in the beautiful Whitsunday Region.
The Opal Ridge Motel is superbly appointed, featuring modern country styled furnishings. We have a Bistro, Bar, Lounge area, Restaurant, Pizzeria and Function Room. We are rated as the #1 Motel in the Bowen/Collinsville area, providing great food and fantastic customer service.
We are a family owned and operated business, and our team is the best.
We offer our staff discounts, free WiFi and gym.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism