Backpacker Job Board headquarters are located in Melbourne, VIC.
Fast-forward to today and Backpacker Job Board is owned by Five Bees Media Pty Ltd (ABN: 70 631 879 546). The site has over 100,000 active employers and 345,000 registered backpackers. We believe it to be Australia's largest job site dedicated to backpackers.
Backpacker Job Board helps connect backpackers and employers in a wide range of sectors from agriculture, construction, hospitality, sales and marketing. Furthermore, the site also benefits small businesses, hobby farms and busy families with our cultural help exchange opportunities, au-pair jobs and voluntary sector.
Backpacker Job Board has a commitment to kindness and inclusivity. As such, our carefully curated Code of Conduct is something we are especially proud of.
In 2015, we launched our New Zealand sister site, Backpacker Job Board: NZ.
In 2019, Backpacker Job Board was nominated for an award in the Innovation category at the Adventure Tourism Awards.
Here are some of our media and press coverage:
- Backpacker worker program planning needs to start now: Backpacker Job Board (27th April 2021)
- Backpacker Job Board Provides Disaster Relief - Job Board Secrets (17th February 2020)
- Backpacker Job Board helps bushfire hit communities find much-needed workers - Get The Word Out (17th February 2020)
- Working holiday inquiry must make backpacker program more attractive - Farm Online (29th June 2020)
- Backpacker Safe Havens - The Farmer (July / August 2020)
- Backpackers feel demonised but grateful to be here - The Sydney Morning Herald (3rd January 2021)
- Working holiday inquiry must make backpacker program more attractive - The Byte (6th July 2020)