We are currently seeking several farm hands to join our teams throughout Western Victoria in the Edenhope area for a start in late November. The successful candidate will need to have a positive can-do attitude, keen interest in farming, work productively autonomously and in a team and practical farm skills and general farm maintenance that can be applied to various onsite tasks.
As a farm hand you will be responsible for the day to day duties including:
- Hands-on with Sows and piglets
- Observe animal health and environment
- Daily checks including water and feed
- Other general farm duties.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Strong commitment to safety, health and environment procedures
- Pig production is a 365 day industry, so you will be required to work some weekends and public holidays.
- Demonstrate flexibility to take on a range of tasks across the farm.
- Previous experience working outdoors with animals would be highly regarded along with a current car licence.
Postcode: 3318 (Edenhope, Victoria)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
The Pastoral Pork Company
Member since: November 2020
The Pastoral Pork Company is a leading, vertically integrated Outdoor Bred pork producer supplying premium branded product under the Otway Pork label. Situated West of Melbourne, farms are located between Geelong and the South Australia border.
Farming, Animals & Conservation