BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Café, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team.
BAC’s mission is to improve the lifestyle of people on homelands by caring for country, preserving language and culture through the delivery of services to improve housing, health, education and roads.
BAC is a values based organisation with an emphasis on: Respect for Culture, Country and each other, Accountability, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement and Open and Honest Communication. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
This role is to take care of facilities and houses, by carrying out cleaning duties.
1. Create and foster a workplace that encourages and welcomes Indigenous employment
and participation in the division.
2. Supervise, mentor, motivate and support a part-time CDP Indigenous Store person - assisting with providing learning and development opportunities.
3. Work effectively in a team environment
4. Adhere to the Workplace Health and Safety regulatory requirements
5. Identify continuous improvement opportunities
6. Develop and maintain positive stakeholder relationships with all BAC staff, and develop sound working relationships through delivering appropriate and honest support and/or feedback.
7. Ensure communications are appropriate to BAC Employees, Directors, Communities, Stakeholders and partner organisations.
8. Any other duties requested by your supervisor which are within your capabilities.
You must also have ;
1. Car drivers licence
2. Ability to work unsupervised
3. Ability to undertake physical activity
4. Ability to complete tasks within specified timeframe
5. Demonstrated experience working in a remote aboriginal community environment, with knowledge and understanding of aboriginal protocol and culture.
Compliance with Workplace Health and Safety regulations
This is an identified position under section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application by emailing your current resume and detailed cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria to:
Postcode: 822 (Maningrida, Northern Territory)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Bawinanga Aboriginal Corporation
Member since: October 2021
We are an Aboriginal corporation which represents and serves the Aboriginal people of the 32 outstations surrounding Maningrida in West Arnhem Land.
Community Services & Development