Use your trade skills and satisfy your sense of adventure to help maintain and improve our hospitality operations, $70k + package
• Fulltime salary; 38 hour working week with starting salary of 70k
• Pathway to Permanent residency for qualifying employee’s
• Excellent accommodation and board options
• Options to work flexibly within a year, and then get paid in your time off between projects
• Join a company and a workplace that isn’t a construction site
Kimberley Accommodation are looking to employ quality tradespeople to help transform our facilities through renovation and refurbishment programs of hotel rooms and public areas. You will be responsible for your assigned scope of works (within your field) from the point of planning (measure, evaluate and plan projects), collaboration and communication with other trades’ or Kimberley Accommodation personnel, review of plans and other documentation, and adhering to safe standards of work. This is a unique, exciting, opportunity to apply your skills and expertise in a fun and engaging workplace across an entire region of Australia.
Kimberley Accommodation is a family owned and operated business out of Broome. We operate hotels and restaurants in Broome, Halls Creek and Kununurra. We are focused on our people as much as our property, and the communities we live in. We are looking to develop our own in-house renovations team; Carpenters, Painters and Tilers to work alongside our owners (who love getting dirty) and our excellent local tradespeople.
• Trade certificate in either Carpentry, Painting or Tiling (or several years of work in one of these fields evidence in your detailed resume)
• Portfolio of work, and/or access to current and contactable references
• Experience in working autonomously (maybe you had your own business?), and as a part of a team on refurbishment or renovation projects in Residential or Commercial environments
• Excellent language skills, a positive attitude and sober habits
• Enjoy living and working in diverse locations with diverse people
• Commitment to continuous improvement and learning
• Current rights to work in Australia, and Police Clearance
We are looking for the right people to start as soon as we find them. If you are seeking a genuine career change opportunity in your field, or just a great experience that helps you towards your own goals in a few short years, then these roles could be for you.
Please provide a cover letter with your application detailing your ability to relocate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Kimberley Accommodation Group
Member since: June 2023
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism