• Do you like camping, meeting new people and travelling to new places?
• Love the excitement of being part of a team that brings an iconic event to life?
• Have an RSA Certificate or willing to obtain one?
Join our bar team on the Great Vic Bike Ride!
The Great Victorian Bike Ride is a 9-day bike riding and camping festival, where the bike riding community comes together to explore the Victorian countryside. Each day we travel to a new town, set up camp and, as volunteers, help more than 2,000 riders enjoy an iconic event. We are currently seeking volunteers to assist with the ride, working approximately 6 to 8 hours each day. All meals, transportation and use of a tent is free for volunteers and there will be plenty of time to explore the towns we visit as well as enjoy the daily music and entertainment on offer as part of the event.
When is it?
Saturday 25th November – Sunday 3rd December, 2023
Where do we go?
This year’s route takes us from the Snowy to Sea, showcasing all the best parts of Gippsland! We start in Orbost and travel through the beautiful towns of Buchan, Lakes Entrance, Paynesville, Sale, Port Albert and Fish Creek before ending in Wonthaggi. You can view our full itinerary by visiting our website.
We are in need of last-minute volunteers to assist on our bar team. The role will include:
• Serving alcohol to people over the age of 18.
• Collecting payment for items sold.
• Restocking drinks as needed.
• Setting up and packing down the bar area.
Please note an RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate) is required for this role. If you do not have one, Bicycle Network can assist with covering the cost of the course.
• All meals
• Use of a tent
• Daily music and entertainment
• Volunteer appreciation party
• Team outfit
• See the Victorian countryside with meals, transport and a tent included.
• Support the bike riding community and help more than 2,000 riders enjoy an iconic event.
• Boost your resume by gaining valuable work experience.
• Meet new people and make connections with like-minded people.
• Enjoy the event entertainment and festivities.
• Receive a volunteer uniform, including polo shirt, hat and water bottle.
Postcode: 3888 (Orbost, Victoria)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: June 2023
Bicycle Network is one of the leading member-based bike riding organisations in Australia. We are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of all Australians by making it easier for people to ride a bike.
Operating nationally, we encourage community participation and promotion of healthy lifestyles through bike riding.
Sport & Recreation