WE ARE OPEN TO HIRE!
Situated on the most beautiful harbour in the world, OpenAir is a nightly festival of film and Sydney lifestyle that this summer will run from 10 January to 20 February 2024. We are offering positions to dedicated, outgoing and hardworking individuals with a sense of humour who enjoy working outdoors and are experienced in customer service.
Above all, we value employees who have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Each role is integral to the event’s success, and we rely on the commitment and enthusiasm of the staff to create a memorable experience for our guests.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Outstanding communication and customer service skills
• Experience working in a fast-paced event, venue or hospitality environment
• Hard working and reliable
• Work effectively in a team and independently
• Confident and assertive personalities who can communicate and uphold COVID
• Ability to problem solve and adapt in a fast paced ever changing environment
• Ability to remain calm and work well under pressure
• Point of sale experience for bar (ideally including EFT and Lightspeed)
• Flexible and able to work a minimum of 3 shifts per week during the season
• Bar staff must be 18 years or above and hold a valid RSA
• Foreign passport holders must have a current visa and be eligible to work in Australia
• All applicants must have an Australian Tax File Number
• Enjoy working outdoors, sometimes in extreme conditions!
Casual positions are available in the following areas:
Ground staff cover majority of the events customer service. Tasks include ushering, ticket scanning, hosting dining areas, crowd management, food and merchandise distribution, event set-up, cleaning, and maintenance of site. This is a busy event committed to customer service excellence, ground staff are required to actively engage with patrons, keep up to date and informed of the event’s key messages and easily adapt to the unique requirements of our site and patrons.
Hours of work:
Between 3-6 shifts per week usually starting from 4.30pm and finishing between 9:00pm and 12:30am.
Pay: Subject to experience. Amusement, Events, and recreation award (MA000080) Grade 1.
TO APPLY: forward a cover letter along with a CV outlining the position you wish to apply for in the subject line to:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 17th NOVEMBER 2023 Interviews will be conducted at the END OF NOVEMBER Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Postcode: 2000 (SYDNEY, New South Wales)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: October 2015
Advertising, Arts & Media