Wanted for immediate start person who has experience with horses with some education in basic equine care and safe horse handling skills. Please note I am not in an area for 88 day visa sign off. Prefer person able to commit to 6 mths. Would consider sponsorship long term for skilled person . Fully furnished accommodation available to live on farm. Casual competitive pay rate for 5 days a week under Pastoral Award wage rates. Close to township of Lilydale and less than an hour by train to Melbourne CBD.
- Feeding horses hay and hard feeds around the 160-acre farm
- Checking horses heath and giving prescribed medications as instructed
- Mucking out stables and yards and keeping the stables and barn neat and tidy
- Helping with DVD and photo shoots to advertise horses for sale
- Grooming horses and rugging as needed.
- Grooming for horses for rider trainer bring in and out horses from paddock to arena and tack up untack brush rug.
- Maybe some riding young warmblood horses and retraining of TBs depending on riding skills.
- Checking fences and do repairs, check and maintaining water troughs.
- Pasture maintenance and putting out round bales with easy to drive 3 gear tractor with slasher and front end loader.
- Holding horses for Vet visits including to breed mares with AI.,
- Holding horses for other equine practitioners including Dentist and Farrier, Massage and Chiropractor.
- Helping to do ground work with 2 year old horses to prepare for sale.
- Some property maintenance of arena and gardens around yard and house.with battery whip snip, ride on mower and some weeding.
- Bringing in and out and tacking up for professional riders training any horses on arena here.
Postcode: 3770 (Coldstream Vic, Melbourne)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: December 2014
Coldtream Park is a long established smaller scale horse stud breeding Warmblood horses with a talent for dressage, eventing, and showing.
Set on 164 acres of rolling hills amongst gorgeous vineyards and cattle and sheep properties it is a beautiful place to live. an hour or so from snowfields in winter and less than an hour to Melbourne city by train access from close by metropolitan township of Lilydale. Lilydale is 5 minutes drive from the farm and has everything you need and is bursting with interesting cafes and all modern facilities and shops.
The stud usually breeds 6 to 12 foals a year and employs 2 to 4 people depending on the time of year. There is lovely renovated and fully furnished self contained accommodation on farm in 2 x one bedroom cottages and a 2 bedroom apartment which is next to and was once a part of the main house.
Farming, Animals & Conservation