This is one of the most important roles at Outback Pioneers. You are the first voice many people hear or the first face they see when they want to book a holiday, experience or accommodation with us.
Your friendliness, professionalism and outstanding customer service will form their all-important first impression.
Your role is to respond to all enquiries and booking requests effectively - to explain why our holidays, accommodation and experiences are so outstanding and to help us to maximize our sales. You need to be results-driven, have good perception of operations and be alert to opportunities to get visitors doing more, up-selling where appropriate and closing the sale.
You will also need to have attention to detail and complete the relevant records in the computer system and administer bookings right through to the visitor’s arrival. Your customer service skills must always leave a great impression and add to the outback pioneering experience!
As our Reservations Sales Consultant, you need to work our fast-paced main Outback Pioneers booking office in town.
Your role may also include additional responsibilities such as checking guests in, showing them to their rooms, welcoming groups and undertaking other reception and administration tasks.
Main responsibilities and activities:
● Answer phones, respond to email booking enquiries, and to walk-in visitors at the booking
office. Our target time for responses is:
○ Phones - answer within 10 seconds and answer message bank within hour
○ Walk-ins - immediate or give initial greeting and estimated time to be available if
already attending to another customer
○ Emails - answer within 2 hours
○ Check email enquiries regularly as directed by management.
● Help clients make the best selection from our holidays, experiences and accommodation by
asking questions, explaining the benefits (sample phone scripts are available) and upselling (including other divisions of the business ie. food, retail).
● Make the most of sales opportunities across experiences and accommodation and close sales effectively.
● Advise clients on special deals and sell this option where it is relevant to customers so that saves them money.
● Follow the set procedures for recording enquiries, booking details and payments.
● Follow up on enquiries (call or email to ask if any other information needed if no booking made within 7 days).
● Maintain relationships with customers, handle confirmations and give them confidence that all is taken care of for them.
● Produce the relevant tickets and itineraries from the system.
● Support manager with other booking, administration and special assigned tasks.
● Help with other tasks for the accommodation - including booking guests in, showing guests to rooms, preparing breakfast baskets.
● Help with managing group arrivals and coordinating small events.
● Report all complaints or difficulties to management.
● Keep up to date with our product range, our brochures and what is on the website. It is also important to keep abreast of our competitors’ and partners’ products.
● Follow Outback Pioneers Code of Conduct Book, workplace health and safety guidelines, nondiscrimination values and other relevant professional standards.
● Contribute to a cooperative, flexible and supportive team environment, helping out where necessary to make sure results are achieved and customers happy.
● Live the Outback Pioneers brand values to help enhance customers’ experiences and team effectiveness.
● Restocking according to aesthetic procedures.
● Maintain Outback Accommodation compendiums if needed
● Administrate lost property register
● Wherever possible assist in escorting guests to their accommodation.
● Keep a proactive approach in communicating with other team members to keep the operation going smooth and tasks done.
● Outstanding customer service skills
● Highly motivated and results-driven approach to making bookings
● Excellent written and spoken English with good grammar and spelling
● Exceptional attention to detail
● Strong communication and people-handling skills - ability to unpack a customer’s needs and interests
● Friendly sales skills - ability to encourage and close a sale
● Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
● Ability to work on own initiative within procedural guidelines
● Ability to quickly learn the product range and the main features of each product
● Computer competency and ability to learn our reservation system
● A genuine interest in Outback Queensland and willingness to increase knowledge of the region and its heritage
● Good organizational and administration skills with ability to prioritize and manage workload efficiently.
Qualifications and experience:
● High school qualifications in literacy and numeracy subjects
● Previous experience in a sales environment with strong customer service standards
● Tourism qualifications or experience in the tourism industry is a strong advantage.
Send us your cover letter, resume with current referees and a photo with your application.
Applicants who cover suitable criteria for the position will be shortlisted and contacted.
Postcode: 4730 (Longreach, South West QLD)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: May 2018