The Skipper is a vital part of our Starlight’s Cruise Experience.
The Outback Pioneers skipper needs to have excellent people skills and an outgoing personality as well as the technical qualifications of the role. Safety is the highest priority in both operation and maintenance of the boats. This is an ideal role for someone with experience of skippering tourist vessels or for a skipper with the ability to become part of the experience for our guests. This is a seasonal employment contract role based in Longreach, Queensland
• Proven ability to operate similar vessels
• Strong people skills and public-facing presentation skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of all operational and safety requirements for river-boat operation
• Attention to detail and operational systems.
Cont/ Qualifications and experience
• Recreational Marine Licence
• Preferably at least two years experience operating a passenger or tourist vessel • Current first-aid certificate Working hours
• Approximately hours during the April-October peak season.
Typically there is high demand during the peak months of June-September.
For a more detailed job description please visit:
Postcode: 4730 (Longreach, South West QLD)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: May 2018