We are looking for compassionate individuals who would like to be part of our Home Care Team who have a passion to support our elderly Italian speaking clients that live by themselves in the community. You should be committed to making a positive difference to our clients living with Dementia. Please understand that this role is not for a Residential Facility, you will be going to the client's home to assist with Daily Activities that they cannot complete by themselves anymore due to frailty or cognitive decline. We currently have about 78 clients around Stirling, Yokine, Balcatta, Dianella and surrounding suburbs. As you are required to drive to their houses, kilometer reimbursement and occasional company car usage are available.
• Provide quality support to Consumers with their daily living activities
• Accurate reporting and documentation based on policy and procedure
• Interacting with Consumers and their families in a friendly, helpful, and positive manner
• Respecting the Consumer's right to privacy and dignity, freedom of choice and independence
• Understand the individual needs and background of each Consumer by reading and understanding their care plans
• Current up to date Covid-19 vaccinations (3 vaccinations required minimum)
• Current Police Check (National Police Certificate)
• Have you completed a qualification in aged care? Or are you in the process of achieving your qualifications?
• Eligible drivers license & reliable personal vehicle
Italian and English speaking candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this role! We can be flexible with the shift times to suit your personal needs. We're currently looking for part-time & casual workers.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: February 2024
Villa Terenzio is a not-for-profit organization serving the community for over 50 years.
Paolo Silvestri was a Sicilian born migrant who came to Perth in the 1920s. Paolo became an esteemed member of the small Italian community in Perth and was the founding President of the Saint Joseph Association whose Chapel has since been erected in the grounds of the Villa Terenzio facility. The official opening of Paolo’s vision occurred on 28 November 1982 known as Italian Aged Care Home or Villa Terenzio after the name of the Italian Consul appointed to Western Australia at that time, Dr Salvatore Terenzio.
In 2017, Villa Terenzio was able to expand its services to home care. This has proved to be an excellent service enabling older people to remain in their own homes for a longer period.
Villa Terenzio remains a charitable organization and a sanctuary for older people of Italian descent and others who share and appreciate Mediterranean culture and its way of life.
Healthcare & Medical