LOOKING FOR A GREAT HOTEL ALL ROUNDER IN THE OUTBACK
The iconic Innamincka Hotel is an award winning Outback Hotel located in Outback South Australia, just south west of the QLD border, situated on the banks of the Cooper creek.
A popular stop over and tourist destination, the Innamincka Hotel requires a Hotel all-rounder that is customer focused, energetic, has initiative, a friendly outgoing personality, enthusiasm and a genuine appreciation for the outback.
Those with previous hospitality and remote area experience would be at an advantage. The position is required to start immediately with a requirement of completing 4 month contract. The contract can be extended for the right candidate. Great place to save money
This position will include key responsibilities such as:
• Undertaking bar work – experience with H&L would be an advantage
• Meal running – this can vary from 30 covers – 150covers.
• Housekeeping - an eye for detail and maintaining stamina is essential and strict timeframes for next guest check ins.
• Assisting in basic kitchen duties including washing dishes and cleaning at the end of service.
• Any other duties as required by management.
Essential qualifications required at the time of applying include:
A current South Australian RSA SITHFAB002 certificate is required or equivalent
Certificate for kitchen SITXFSA101 Use Hygiene practices for food safety.
Current Senior First Aid Certificate is desirable.
Applicants must have the ability to work in a close team environment in a remote location and always have a positive can do attitude.
The need to be flexible by learning and working in all parts of the business when it’s required is essential to your success in the role and the team overall.
At the Innamincka Hotel everyone from the Manager down pitches in to make sure the guest has the best time possible and everything runs as smoothly as it can as a team.
Applicants need to be able to demonstrate the following when applying:
• Ability to work unsupervised.
• Consistently meeting deadlines especially when under pressure.
• Working as a team and helping others where required including washing dishes.
• Answering the phone & taking messages/accommodation reservations.
• Be willing to live and work in a remote destination with respect to the local traditional owners.
• Required to be flexible with roster changes when required by the business.
• Consistently work a 6 day per week rotational roster.
• Report to Hotel manager or Hospitality Coach and be able to take direction easily.
• Make sure you have done your homework on where we are and what facilities are in Innamincka.
Flights to Innamincka are direct from Adelaide to Moomba and we would fly the successful applicants out and return flights to Adelaide at end of contract.
Accommodation and 3 meals per day are provided for $120 per week that is directly deducted from your weekly wage. Award Wages
Please take the time to check out our website www.innaminckahotel.com.au as well as our Facebook to learn more about us.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: December 2019
Iconic Outback Hotel on the banks of Cooper Creek SA