The Cambridge Kununurra, is undergoing major renovations to become the hotel of choice, so we are calling out to all Chef de Parties … we want you!
Our newly acquired venue is gearing up to get its restaurant open ASAP and we are looking for qualified applicants who want to join us for the ride!
We are seeking a range of flexible, enthusiastic qualified chefs and/or cooks with a range of skill sets and different levels of experience. With the vision of becoming the first contemporary “semi-gastro” venue in Kununurra, we are wanting to re-open for breakfast, lunch and dinner services; hence we can provide a range of different working hours and conditions.
To be successful with your application, you must understand the requirements and importance of food preparation and event catering, in accordance with the National HACCP, OH&S, Hygiene and COVID-19 Standards. We are striving for a responsible team, in an environment of equality and where you can make a difference throughout our redevelopment and help to grow the business.
Applicants should be competent in the following tasks as they will be responsible for the daily preparation, storage and supply of food, to both inhouse guests and casual diners:
• Preparing, cooking, and presenting high-quality dishes within a range of different sections of the kitchen and preferably in a range of differing cuisines;
• Assist and collaborate with the F&B and kitchen teams in developing dishes and creating new menus and daily specials;
• Assist in the implementation and recording of all national food safety standards, OH&S requirements, asset and equipment maintenance and operation as well as ensuring inventory rotation procedures and stock/portion control are maintained with waste minimisation in mind;
• Get involved in the brand, vision and concepts throughout the renovation process and maximise each customer experience within the hotel to ensure that feedback is of a positive nature;
• Excellent cooperation and communication skills to ensure that our kitchen operates as an effective team.
If you are looking for a new experience in a stunning regional town and can fulfil all of the above requirements, please get going with your application!
We are happy to discuss possible accommodation and housing solutions/prospects with the appropriate candidates, as well as a flexibility in relocation, and salary expectations.
About our region …
Where is Kununurra you ask? Here is some information and a video about our patch of paradise and what you could expect to see and do on your days off…
Kununurra is located in the Kimberley region of Western Australia and is culturally and environmentally unique - rich in natural assets. Tourism, agricultural production, construction, mining and retail trade are major contributors to the region's diverse economy and, pre-COVID, the region attracted over 400,000 domestic and international visitors per year.
Being known as the youngest, most isolated and most untouched region within Australia, the Kimberley, and more specifically Kununurra is home to a range of stunning and unique natural environments and attractions including the World Heritage Listed Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle), the RAMSAR listed Lake Argyle and Ord River, Mirima National Park and one of Australia's greatest outback drives, the Gibb River Road which allows you to experience a plethora of national parks and gorges!
Postcode: 6743 (Kununurra, Western Australia)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
The Cambridge Kununurra
Member since: February 2022
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism