Want to work in paradise? Well, then, come to Ferntree Rainforest Lodge, located in the heart of Cape Tribulation.
About the role
We are seeking a frontline cook/chef for the Cassowary restaurant.
Currently, open for Breakfast & Dinner only and do an approximate amount of 20 – 80 covers a night depending on the time of the season. We are seeking a calm professional who can work with our head chef and follow orders under pressure. Our head chef will provide training on-site for all of our menu requirements.
• Good communication & organisational skills
• 2 + years experience as a line cook
• Able to listen to the head chef orders
• Calm under pressure
• A creative flair with extensive food knowledge and passion for quality and
• Pay’s close attention to detail
• Produce high Safety & Hygiene Standards
• Resilient and able to perform in a fast-paced environment
• Work under pressure
• Available to work weeknights & weekends
• Apprentices welcome to apply
• Passionate about food, wine & hospitality
• Self-motivated with strong attention to detail
• Work as a team in a fast-paced environment
• Well present & punctual
• Attractive salary plus super
• Staff discount and meals
• On-Site Accommodation
• Rotating roster
Please send your current resume and your availability
Postcode: 4873 (Cape Tribulation, Cairns)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Ferntree Rainforest Lodge
Member since: February 2019
Ferntree Rainforest Lodge is a family owned business that can be found in the heart of Cape Tribulation in the Daintree, a UNESCO world heritage site, where the rainforest meets the reef.
Ferntree’s is an environmentally-friendly resort set back in the lush coastal rainforest where the Lodge’s accommodations are in harmony with its surrounding tropical green landscape. The spectacular gardens are designed to attract the splendid rainforest creatures where guests can witness from their rooms the magical display of nature and wildlife unique to this region.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism