Open to backpackers needing rural work - casual or full-time position available!
• About the Role
SME are the trusted name in civil earthworks in Parkes and the surrounding region. With our continued growth and recently securing multiple local contracts, we are seeking an experienced excavator operator to join our team. The successful applicant will be working on civil projects within the Parkes and Central West area.
This is NOT a FIFO position and applicants must reside within the Parkes region or be willing to relocate.
• Skills & Experience
For your application to be considered you must have:
- Minimum 2 years prior experience on an excavator (8-30 ton)
- GPS experience desirable
- Excavator Licence (RII Nationally Recognised Ticket)
- Current Driver’s Licence (HR or above an advantage)
- Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Ability to pass pre-employment medical and drug test
- Be reliable, punctual, self-motivated with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Safety and quality focused
- Able to work unsupervised
- Multiple plant tickets an advantage
- Immediate start available
- Above award wages
- Team environment
- Modern and well-maintained fleet
- Job security with a well-known local business
- Day shift only
NOTE: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Postcode: 2870 (Parkes, New South Wales)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Steve Magill Earthmoving
Member since: June 2023
Established in 2004, Steve Magill Earthmoving is a family owned and operated civil company based in Parkes, NSW.
We are proud of the solid reputation that SME has earned through many years of hard work delivering quality results on all civil projects. Our commitment to retaining quality plant operators ensures we have team members that bring valuable civil knowledge to every job.
With our continued growth and recently securing multiple local contracts, we are seeking multiple operator and labourer positions to join our team. The successful applicants will be working on civil projects within the Parkes and Central West area.