We are looking for a UK qualified Accountant to join our Finance team! Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the roles works closely with the global finance team to ensure accurate financial reporting and adherence to accounting standards and engage with stakeholders to drive results.
This role will be supporting our UK entity in particular and are looking for someone to work flexible hours from 3pm – 10pm. This is a fixed term contract and we are open to UK qualified candidates on working holidays visa.
The Role You’ll Play
Financial Accounting Support:
- Support the financial control and accounting function (predominantly for the UK entity) through completion of month -end close tasks, general ledger reconciliations and maintenance to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial records.
- Liaise with the AP team to review supplier balances/issues.
- Ensuring accounting policies are adhered to and each balance sheet account is clean, current and correct.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare and provide analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for the UK entity, including investigating variances, identifying trends, and providing insights/ commentary to support decision-making by senior management and recommend cost-reduction solutions as identified.
Finance operation support:
- Collaborate with the Finance operation team, Partnerships team and other departments to understand and respond to issues relating to financial operation and performance.
Process Improvement Contribution:
- Actively participate in assessing and improving financial accounting and reporting processes to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Other ad hoc tasks as required.
What are we looking for?
- ACA/ACCA qualification or relevant professional certification
- Proven experience as a Financial Accountant or in a similar role.
- knowledge of UK accounting principles and standards (UK GAAP/IFRS).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a global team and be flexible with support given to colleagues.
The Prezzee Story
Prezzee is a global digital gifting platform that creates human connections through remarkable gifting moments. We create leading digital gift solutions for consumers, businesses and 800+ brand partners across the world. Founded in 2014, Prezzee has evolved from a two person Australian start-up to a global business with operations in North America, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
Oh, and if you’re wondering about our culture?
Whilst our growth is compelling, we know it’s our people and culture that set us apart, and we’re equally proud of being recognised in Australia & New Zealand and in the UK as a 2023 Great Place to Work®.
At Prezzee, every team member plays an important role in the business, leaving a unique footprint on Prezzee’s journey. Our team may be spread out across multiple time zones, but our core values remain the same no matter where you are in the world. As a future employee of Prezzee, you’re signing up to give openness, give greatness, give magic, and most importantly, always give a damn.
Postcode: 2000 (Sydney, New South Wales)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: November 2023