The Hatter & the Hare is a popular 160-seat café in Bayswater, VIC. It is a very busy café serving breakfast and lunch 7 days a week, with a patisserie producing over a hundred varieties of pastries and cakes on a daily basis.
JOB TITLE: Line Chef (Breakfast Chef)
INDUSTRY AWARD: Restaurant Industry Award
AWARD LEVEL & CLASSIFICATION: Level 3 Chef Grade 2
JOB TYPE: Full-time/Part-time
HOURS & BENEFITS:
38 hours per week (FULLTIME) with additional reasonable paid overtime
20-30 Hours per week (PART TIME)
$55,000 annual salary + superannuation (not including overtime)
Overtime pay rates
Flexible days of work (weekdays and weekends)
No work during public holidays
Day Shifts ONLY
Employee Discounts and Freebies available
LOCATION: 1/21 Scoresby Rd, Bayswater VIC 3153
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: Head Chef
The Line Chef plays important roles in our busy kitchen operations as they work with the Head Chef in daily preparation of high quality food served to our customers. This job requires the applicants to work on the weekends. The Sous & Line Chefs will also:
• Dutifully prepare food before and after cooking to meet The Hatter and the Hare standards.
• Make sure that everything in the kitchen is in order from food preparation up to keeping the kitchen in a clean and orderly state.
• Prepare dishes according to the recipes prepared by the Head Chef, following all steps and procedures to the letter in order to keep the high quality of food served to customers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Qualifications & Skills
We are looking for candidates who possess the following skills:
• A passion for producing consistent high quality products
• Excellent knowledge and experience in basic food preparation techniques and styles
• A strong background in utilising fresh and local ingredients
• A knowledge of all food safety standards
• A professional attitude in the kitchen at all times
• The ability to follow instructions
• A love and passion for making great food
• The ability to persevere and succeed in a fast-paced environment
• A keen eye for detail
• A team player
• A desire to succeed in a progressive career in the food and hospitality industry
• Have the proper visas or permits to work in Australia
1-2 years previous experience in a similar role/industry
How to Apply:
Alternatively please directly contact our Administrative Officer Con
The Hatter and the Hare is committed to work with our staff to reach their career goals, so if you this is what you're after, we will be more than happy to welcome you to the team!
Applicants must be fully vaccinated!
Postcode: 3153 (Bayswater, Melbourne)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from Australian citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
The Hatter and the Hare
Member since: March 2022
A business can only be as good as its people. These are the passionate souls who work day in and day out to deliver products and services that are in-tune to the needs of the local community. We are very lucky to have quite the diverse and talented team of individuals from different backgrounds who come together every single day to make the Hatter & the Hare the magical Wonderland it is today.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism