BUSINESS NAME: The Hatter & the Hare is a popular 160-seat café in Bayswater, VIC. It is a very busy café serving breakfast and lunch 7 days a week, with a patisserie producing over a hundred varieties of pastries and cakes on a daily basis.
JOB TITLE: Baker
INDUSTRY AWARD: Restaurant Industry Award
AWARD LEVEL & CLASSIFICATION: Level 4 Chef Grade 1
JOB TYPE: Part-time
HOURS & BENEFITS: 4-5 hours a day hours a week) 6am-10am shifts with additional reasonable paid overtime
Flexible days of work (weekdays and weekends)
No work during public holidays
Day Shifts ONLY
Employee Discounts and Freebies available
LOCATION: 1/21 Scoresby Rd, Bayswater VIC 3153
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: Head Baker
The Baker plays important roles in our busy kitchen operations as they work with the Head Baker & Head Chef in daily preparation of high quality bread served to our customers. This job requires the applicants to work on the weekends. The baker will also:
• Dutifully prepare bread to meet The Hatter and the Hare standards.
• Make sure that everything in the kitchen is in order from food preparation up to keeping the kitchen in a clean and orderly state.
• Prepare bread according to the recipes prepared by the Head Baker, following all steps and procedures to the letter in order to keep the high quality of bread served to customers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Qualifications & Skills
We are looking for candidates who possess the following skills:
• A passion for producing consistent high quality bread and bread products.
• Excellent knowledge and experience in basic food preparation techniques and styles.
• A strong background in utilising fresh and local ingredients.
• A knowledge of all food safety standards.
• A professional attitude in the kitchen at all times.
• The ability to follow instructions.
• A love and passion for making great food.
• The ability to persevere and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
• A keen eye for detail.
• A team player.
• A desire to succeed in a progressive career in the food and hospitality industry.
• Have the proper visas or permits to work in Australia. Proven experience as Head Chef
2-3 years previous experience in a similar role/industry
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to
Alternatively please directly contact our Administrative Officer Con
Student Visa and those needing Working Visa Sponsorship for qualified applicants are welcome.
The Hatter and the Hare is committed to work with our staff to reach their career goals, if this is what you're after, we will be more than happy to welcome you to the team!
Applicants must be fully vaccinated!
Postcode: 3153 (Bayswater, Melbourne)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
The Hatter and the Hare
Member since: March 2022
A business can only be as good as its people. These are the passionate souls who work day in and day out to deliver products and services that are in-tune to the needs of the local community. We are very lucky to have quite the diverse and talented team of individuals from different backgrounds who come together every single day to make the Hatter & the Hare the magical Wonderland it is today.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism