About the role
We are currently on the lookout for multiple Pool Lifeguards to join the team!
We work around a 7-day rotating roster with shifts available from early morning to late at night.
Reporting to the Aquatic Operations Team Leader, the role of the Pool Lifeguard is to provide a high standard of supervision of our Aquatic facilities including carrying out intervention and preventative actions as well as responding to emergencies as required.
They are responsible for ensuring a safe environment or all facility users through rule enforcement, providing First Aid, educating aquatic users and non-supervisory tasks. Interacting with a range of patrons and delivering quality customer service, the Pool Lifeguard will educate patrons of the dangers and correct supervision whilst in the aquatic environment through water safety initiatives. You will respond and react safely to aquatic emergencies using appropriate water rescue techniques, ensuring all incident reports forms are completed accurately and in compliance with Privacy Laws.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Provide supervision of patrons in an aquatic environment, ensuring that terms and conditions of entry are being met by all users.
• Carry out intervention and preventive actions, rescues and initiate emergency action as required, responding to, and applying first aid to any person in the venue.
• Ensure aquatic areas are compliant within the GSPOs.
• Completing non-supervisory tasks as required including, operating aquatic equipment, cleaning tasks and event / booking set up.
• Manage conflict and escalate customer complaints when necessary.
• Demonstrate a duty of care approach towards ensuring the safety and well-being of all users of SSCT facilities.
• Maintain OH&S standards and report on and respond to non-compliance.
We’re looking for committed, motivated and energetic Lifeguards who thrive in a team environment. Someone who can respond to changing priorities, manage their time effectively and be accountable for their actions. If you are someone who likes to find new ways of working and create a positive working environment, then we want to hear from you!
• Pool Lifeguard Qualification (Don't hold this currently? We can help you get qualified!)
• Provide First Aid
• Current CPR
• Working with Children Check
Why join us?
• Great staff benefits including free parking, discounts on performance gym memberships and discounts at MSC food & beverage
• You will be challenged daily and can develop yourself as a person as well as gaining valuable career skills.
• We have a fantastic team of people who are great to work with.
• Our mission is to help people to be excited about sport, engage in healthy activity and feel inspired to be their best. That is a rewarding thing to be a part of.
• We are surrounded by elite athletes daily and you will support various elite sports and world class events.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Postcode: 3206 (Albert Park, Melbourne)
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Melbourne Sports Centre
Member since: April 2022
Being your best is our business.
Everyone’s best is different and helping you achieve yours is why we’re here.
Melbourne Sports Centres are the home of high-performance sport in Victoria and are at the ready to support your sporting journey. From grassroots and community sport, personal fitness and health and excelling in a career in high-performance competition, we’ve got everything you need to succeed.
Sport & Recreation